Recipe by BerrySweet
Good comforting banana bread. You may substitute all spelt flour, or half spelt half whole wheat. It's up to you. Slightly modified from a recipe on a blog, and posting here for safe keeping.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup spelt flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup mashed banana (3 medium or 2 large)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat an 8" inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Mash bananas and set aside. In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl coming egg whites, banana, sugar, and oil. Once mixed well, add flour mixture all at one time to banana mixture. Stir until moistened. The batter should be lumpy. Spoon mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Test doneness by inserting a wooden toothpick near the center of the bread.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.