Good comforting banana bread. You may substitute all spelt flour, or half spelt half whole wheat. It's up to you. Slightly modified from a recipe on a blog, and posting here for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coat an 8" inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside. Mash bananas and set aside. In a medium bowl combine all-purpose flour, wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- 2In a large bowl coming egg whites, banana, sugar, and oil. Once mixed well, add flour mixture all at one time to banana mixture. Stir until moistened. The batter should be lumpy. Spoon mixture into pan.
- 3Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. Test doneness by inserting a wooden toothpick near the center of the bread.
- 4Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on the wire rack.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spelt Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.4
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 148.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 17.8 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: