Top Review by Paris D
We had leftover cooked chicken, so I decided to try this recipe to get rid of it. It was good. It wasn't fabulous enough that I would plan to make it again in the absence of a need to get rid of cooked chicken, but it was good.
- 1 lb ziti pasta or 1 lb mostaccioli pasta or 1 lb other medium shape pasta, uncooked
- 12 ounces chopped cooked chicken
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, defrosted and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, warm the butter or margarine over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the Dijon mustard and flour.
- Very gradually whisk in the chicken broth.
- Bring the broth to a boil and stir in the lemon juice, peas and parsley.
- When pasta is done, drain it well.
- Toss pasta and cooked chicken with sauce, season with salt and pepper and serve.