Recipe by iewe
This is a quick and simple Chicken Enchilada recipe. Don't remember where the original came from, as I have tweaked it over the years into this recipe.
Top Review by Brooke the Cook in WI
I haven't made enchiladas in years - this was so easy and so worth it! I made half the recipe and it easily served three of us. I did add a some frozen corn and colored bell peppers. Sprinkled with cayenne pepper which gave it a pretty color and nice little kick. We all loved it.
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 (13 ounce) cansshredded chicken
- 2 (4 ounce) canschopped green chilies
- 10 flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix soup and sour cream and set aside.
- Heat butter in medium saucepan.
- Add onions and chili powder and cook until onions are tender.
- Add the canned chicken and chilis and 3 tablespoons of the sauce mixture.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture into a 9x13 pan.
- Spoon mixture into tortillas, roll up, and place (seam down) on top of the soup mixture.
- Spread remaining sauce mixture on top, and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes -- or until cheese is bubbly and browning.
- Suggestion: One can use chopped/shredded leftover chicken rather than canned chicken.
- Suggestion: Serve with salsa and chips for a great meal!
- Suggestion: This is a very forgiving dish. I have added black olives, used less chicken, doubled the sauce mixture, upped the spice factor, etc. You can easily tweak this recipe to your liking.