Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From a low GI Cookbook. Times are estimated. Given a low GI rating.
- 4 pita breads (small wholemeal)
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tomatoes (medium sliced)
- 100 g bocconcini (3 1/2oz small fresh mozzarella cheese sliced)
- 400 g artichoke hearts (13 oz canned quartered)
- 50 g kalamata olives (1 2/3oz pitted)
- 1 red capsicum (bell pepper sliced)
- 125 g four-bean mix (4oz canned rinsed and drained)
- 78.07 ml reduced-fat cheddar cheese (40g/1 1/3oz grated)
- Preheat oven to 230C (450F/gas8).
- Put a pita breads onto 2 non-stick baking trays and spread with the combined tomato paste and garlic, leaving a 2cm (3/4in) border.
- Top the pita breads with the tomatoes, bocconcini, artichokes, olives, capsicum, beans and cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the bases are crisp and the topping is golden.
- Cut into wedges to serve.
Nice quick, tasty and filling pizza! I left out the olives and used shredded mozzarella. I tossed the beans and artichokes in with the tomato paste before spreading it on the pita. I thought the beans were a great addition to this. Thanks for sharing the recipe!