1/1 Photo of Speedy Vegetarian Pizza
From a low GI Cookbook. Times are estimated. Given a low GI rating.
My Private Note
light d ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pita breads (small wholemeal)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tomatoes (medium sliced)
- 100 g bocconcini (3 1/2oz small fresh mozzarella cheese sliced)
- 400 g artichoke hearts (13 oz canned quartered)
- 50 g kalamata olives (1 2/3oz pitted)
- 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper sliced)
- 125 g four-bean mix (4oz canned rinsed and drained)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese (40g/1 1/3oz grated)
- 1Preheat oven to 230C (450F/gas8).
- 2Put a pita breads onto 2 non-stick baking trays and spread with the combined tomato paste and garlic, leaving a 2cm (3/4in) border.
- 3Top the pita breads with the tomatoes, bocconcini, artichokes, olives, capsicum, beans and cheese.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes or until the bases are crisp and the topping is golden.
- 5Cut into wedges to serve.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Speedy Vegetarian Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 331.8
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 697.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese