Recipe by looneytunesfan
This stir-fry adaptation features tender turkey strips, mushrooms, onions and peas in a sour cream sauce. Its richness and good taste come from marinating the turkey in bottled teriyaki marinade sauce; then using additional teriyaki to season the completed stir-fry.
- 6 ounces wide egg noodles
- 1 lb skinless boneless turkey breast, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup Kikkoman's teriyaki sauce, plus
- 3 tablespoons Kikkoman's teriyaki sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen green peas
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
- Combine 1/4 cup teriyaki marinade and sauce and cornstarch. Put turkey breast in zippered plastic bag, add teriyaki mixture; let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot large skillet over medium heat. Add turkey and stir-fry 5 minutes; remove.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same skillet. Add mushrooms and onion; stir-fry 5 minutes, or until onion is tender, yet crisp.
- Stir in peas.
- Add turkey, sour cream and remaining 3 tablespoons teriyaki and sauce; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add noodles and pepper, tossing to combine and heat thoroughly.