Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy recipe that you can throw together in no time. It has a great taco taste! Enjoy!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 16 ounces salsa
- 8 ounces corn, drained (fiesta corn is great)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 20 ounces cornbread mix (2 packages)
- sour cream (to garnish)
- jalapeno (to garnish)
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onions and bell peppers over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, drain grease.
- Add taco seasoning packets, water, salsa and corn.
- Heat until heated through.
- Transfer to a 13x9 in pan.
- Cover with the cheese.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions. Spoon batter evenly over casserole. Spread it with a spatula.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve with sourcream and jalepenos if desired.