Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great and speedy dish that the whole family will love!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning (I use Old El Paso)
- 2 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- coarsely crushed tortilla chips
- sour cream (or desired toppings)
- Brown meat in large frying pan on medium-high heat; drain.
- Add water and seasoning mix to frying pan and stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Mix in rice.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes until done.
- Top with desired toppings and enjoy.
Yes this was very easy to make. But it was a little dry and I only used 1 3/4 cup of minute rice. I might try adding some tomato sauce next time to help with this. I also think it needs more of the taco seasoning. When I served this I put the chips on the plate then the meat miture and topped it with the cheese and other toppings. I will be making this again as the kids liked it but I will try those to adjustments. Thanks for sharing this quick recipe. Made for Zaar World Tour 2006
fast,simple to make & tasty,everything a person in a rush could ask for.I added a few cloves of garlic & it turned out great.Thanks for posting a sure to be often used recipe Christina.
I agree with other reviewers..very good and easy. I did use 1 1/2 packages of taco seasoning and this was perfect. Also I used cooked rice. Thanks for a quick supper recipe.