Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from a Sandra Dee cookbook---with a few of my own "tweeks". It is really fast and easy, using store bought frozen meatballs.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 32 ounces frozen meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 14 ounces beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk or 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 9 ounces egg noodles
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add meatballs and cook until brown, about 8 minute.
- Transfer meatballs to a bowl.
- Add flour to skillet and cook 1 min, scraping up the browned bits from bottom of the skillet.
- Stir in broth and mil.
- Return meatballs to skillet.
- Simmer until liquid thickens enough to coat meatballs, about 5 minute.
- Remove skillet form heat.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package instructions.
- Drain noodles and transfer to a large bowl.
- Spoon meatballs and sauce over noodles.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was great! It was quick and turned out really good.
This made a nice, quick meal and a good use of frozen meatballs. I halved the amount of oil to cut some fat. The sauce wasn't as thick as I would have liked. I'd probably cut down on the broth next time. I also added dill to add some more flavor. I served this over egg noodles. Thanx!