Recipe by lazyme
From Betty Crocker's Speedy Summer Recipes, this is a quick soup to make. We like to add a little hot sauce to jazz it up a bit.
- 1⁄4 cup salt pork or 1⁄4 cup bacon, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 13 ounces minced clams, drained and liquid reserved
- 2 cups potatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 16 ounces whole tomatoes, undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook salt pork and onion in Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until pork is crisp and onion is tender.
- Stir in clam liquid, potatoes, water and celery.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in clams and remaining ingredients.
- Heat to boiling; stirring occasionally.