Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick lunch idea
- 1 pita bread
- 2 slices brie cheese (Blue Cambozola is very tasty)
- 3 roasted peppers, from a jar
- 1⁄4 cup lettuce
- Trim off one of the long edges of the pita bread.
- Put the pita in the toaster on a medium setting for a second or two, then pop it up and open it like they do in kebab houses, being careful it doesn't split. (Warming the bread first makes this easier.) If the pita doesn't fit your toaster, use the grill, or try mini pitas.
- Stuff the cheese and peppers inside the pocket and close by gently pressing it down.
- Pop it back into the toaster on a medium setting (or under the grill) with the open side upwards.
- Toss the watercress in a drizzling of your favourite dressing or some olive oil.
- When the pita pops up, cut it in half for easy eating, or leave it as it is.
- Allow it to cool for a moment as it is quite hot at first.
- Serve with the watercress and have a napkin at the ready - the yummy pepper juices may leak when you take the first bite.