Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
My dh doesnt care for basil so I searched for an alternative and found this one!
Top Review by Shylocke
Very good sauce for pasta and pizzas. I found I needed a good amount more salt and pepper than the recipe calls for. Also, because spinach doesn't have a hint of sweetness the way basil can, I added a drop or two (literally) of Vanilla. That just about did it.
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, well-washed and stemmed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, preferably Italian flat leaf
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated, not canned
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into food processor and process to a fine paste.
- Taste and adjust seasonings and transfer to a glass container and top with a thin coat of olive oil to prevent the top of the pesto from discoloring.
- Keeps for weeks in the refrigerator.