Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a Good Housekeeping recipe.
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 large red pepper
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 skinless cod fish fillets (4 oz. ea.)
- Combine barley with 3 C water, cover with vented plastic wrap and cook in microwave on high for 10 minutes. Stir in sweet potato. Recover; microwave on high for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Chop pepper, slice green onions, and grate ginger; reserve 2 tbsp green onions for garnish. In bowl, combine remaining onions, red peppers, ginger, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Coat with olive oil cooking spray.
- Heat 12" skillet on medium-high. Add pepper mixture and cook 3 minutes until lightly browned, stirring often. Add curry powder; cook 1 minute, stirring. Stir in tomatoes; heat to boiling. Nestle cod in tomato mixture, cover, and cook 5-8 minutes, or until cod turns opaque throughout.
- Serve cod mixture over barley and sweet potato. Garnish with green onions.