Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I attended a cooking demonstration by Lisa Brink of Hod Hasharon. Lisa has her own cooking blog, www.deliciouskitchen.weebly.com, and has some wonderful ideas about cooking and presentation. This recipe comes from her Take Five class, recipes which contain five main ingredients and/or take five minites to prepare. I found this soup to be absolutely delicious and have already made up a batch for my family.
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 3 cups cauliflower florets (fresh or frozen)
- 5 cups vegetarian stock (3 Knorr cubes to 5 cups water)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 cup red lentil (or 2 small potatoes, peeled and chopped)
- 1 pinch dried chili pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup milk
- squeeze lemon juice
- chopped coriander or parsley or chives (to garnish)
- Heat oil and saute onion and garlic for a few minutes.
- Stir in cumin and tumeric, then add the cauliflower and toss until coated in spices.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for the milk and lemon juice and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves, add the milk and blend the soup until smooth (I use an immersion blender).
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and serve garnished with fresh herbs.
This was the most delicious soup in the world! Thank you so much! Your family must love your wonderful soup. BTW, what do you think of my avatar? I love hamburgers too! Maybe your sunshine soup and hamburgers could go together? Get your creative cooking talent together and make me something lovely!