Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been working on this recipe for awhile to adjust it to my taste. I think I've finally gotten it right! I love to make this in the summer for a great light dinner on the patio.
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can sweet corn, drained
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb sea scallops
- Pre-heat skillet with 1 tbs butter over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and onion; saute about 2 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and saute about 5 minutes.
- Add corn and saute about 3 minutes.
- Add wine, broth, salt and pepper and simmer until most of the liquid is evaporated, about 4 minutes. Remove vegetable mixture from pan and place on serving plates; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining butter to pan. When butter is melted add scallops. Saute until slightly golden and cooked thoroughly.
- Serve scallops on top of corn mixture.
This was very flavorful. I'm always looking for new ways to prepare scallops. Thanks!
This is a great, light recipe. The orange bell pepper and corn mixed with wine make for such a nice, light sweet flavor. Quick and healthy dinner. Thanks, Bippie!