Recipe by Nova Scotia Cook
This recipe is from a cookbook by Campbell's called "Dinner's On!...in 30 Minutes or Less" Quite simple to make and tastes great.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, cut in 3/4-inch chunks
- 1 bell pepper (I use 2 small - 1 yellow & 1 green)
- 1 (10 ounce) cancampbell's condensed tomato soup with basil & oregano
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 cups hot cooked penne
- grated parmesan cheese (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil at medium high in large skillet.
- Add sausage chunks and cook 10 minutes or until browned.
- Add pepper and stir fry 3 minutes.
- Drain fat.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in soup and water.
- Heat to a boil, stirring often.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Simmer covered, until sausage is cooked through - about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss with penne.
- Sprinkle with cheese.