Recipe by Dancer^
This goes great in hard a soft taco shells. Use your favorite.
Top Review by mausi
This was excellent! I used TVP for the first time and it turned out great. I didn't have cumin or oregano and I am not a big fan of cilantro. So I used only about 1 Tbsp of cilantro, but added chili powder, paprika, and diced jalapenos. It turned out so good that my picky meat-eating husband was crazy about it. Thank you so much. This will become a staple food in our house from now on.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) packagerefrigerated or frozen tofu crumbles
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared salsa
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce, to taste (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In large, non-stick skillet, heat oil until hot.
- Saute onion, garlic and green pepper until onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add cumin and oregano and mix until fragrant.
- Add cilantro, tomato, crumbles and salsa.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Season to taste with tabasco sauce, salt and pepper.
- Serve in taco shells, over cooked brown rice, or use to make nachos.
- Can store refrigerated up to 4 days.