Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Another low fat dish that is tasty and quick and easy to make.
- 3 tablespoons light margarine
- 1⁄4 cup onion (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups lobsters (fresh or frozen-thawed)
- Melt margarine in 3qt saucepan over low heat. Cook onion in butter, stirring occassionally, until tender.
- Stir in flour, parsley, salt, and pepper. Cook, stiring constantly with whisk, until mixture is bubbly; remove from heat.
- Stir in milk, broth and cream. eat to boiling, whisking constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in lobster. Heat to boiling; reducee heat. Simmer about 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until lobster is white.
- **Have a favorit fish other than lobster? Us that instead.
I swapped out the skim milk and cream for 2 cups of fat free half and half. This made for an incredibly rich and delicious soup that tasted extremely authentic. This recipe is a keeper for my family.
Awesome. I used 4. Lobster tails as my grocery store had them on sale 3.99 each. I will definitely make again. Thanks
Terrific and quick. Thank you for sharing it. I've had many requests to make it again and again and again...