Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I"m not sure where I got this recipe from, but it sure is yummy and oh so fast and easy. It's more of a bar than cake...enjoy!
- Combine melted butter and dry cake mix.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of this topping for top crust.
- Put remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 9x13 cake pan.
- Top that layer with combined peanut butter and marshmallow cream and spread evenly.
- Crumble remaining mixture over that and gently press into filling.
- Bake 20 minutes at 350°F.
So delicious! Quick, easy, and inexpensive. Highly recommend the suggestion of the cooking 15 minutes instead of the whole 20 minutes. I put a full cup of peanut butter plus maybe a little more ;) we love peanut butter and some comments mentioned it wasn't quite peanut buttery enough. It was perfect for us. I made some chocolate pudding and made a parfait type thing with pudding on the bottom, then a slice of speedy little devil, with a scoop of ice cream on top. whoooooeeeee, very rich. very yummy.
I've been making these for at least 15 years. A favorite of both my sons when they were off to college, as well as all their friends who shared in the care packages sent from home. I use 1 stick of margarine plus 2 tablespoons just so the crust holds together better. I also use 3/4 cup of peanut butter and only bake for 15 minutes. Like everyone else mentioned, its very important not to over bake.
These are really yummy. It would be nice to find a way to make the crust less crumbly.