Recipe by skyesus
This is my Mon. night staple. Since it is even better the next day I make it on Sun. night, pop it in the fridge when its done and heat it up when I come hoem from work. I adapted it from a recipie on the back of a bertoli sauce jar..it freezes well, is pretty healthy and can be made with out without meat....generally I make it without....I have yet to have a complaint and lots of people request it...so enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) jar red wine marinara sauce
- 2 cups of shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) container low fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 lb ground beef (optional) or 1 lb ground sausage, meat can be omitted (optional)
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- If using meat, brown in a skillet and drain off any grease, set aside.
- In a 9x13 pan place 3 lasagna noodles.
- top noodles with 8 oz of sauce, 1/2 container of cottage cheese, the meat if using meat, and 1 cup of mozarella.
- Place remaining noodles on top of first layer and cover with remainning sauce, cottage cheese, and mozarella.
- Sprinkle herbs on top of lasagna and cover tightly with tin foil.
- Place in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to cook until cheese is brown and bubbling.