Recipe by ktenille
This was an anonymous listing in my church cookbook and is a big hit (especially with the kids) at church potlucks.
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 4 cups cooked MINUTE rice
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancondensed vegetable soup
- onion salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 lb beef
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger in butter and flavor with onion salt.
- Stir in soup, water, ketchup, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Mix very well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- While simmering, cook your 4 cups instant rice.
- Stir cooked rice into meat mixture.
- Spoon into casserole dish and put under broiler for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly.
- *Notes: Time may vary depending on oven.
- Depending on consitency after adding rice, an extra 1/4 c water may need to be added before broiling.