Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Microwave recipe for great enchiladas even in a hurry.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7 ounce) can whole green chilies, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cup enchilada sauce
- 6 large corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons corn oil
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- Combine beef, garlic, onion, chili powder, salt and pepper in a microwave safe pie plate.
- Microwave on high, stirring twice, until cooked through (about 6 minutes) Drain.
- Stir in 1/4 c enchilada sauce.
- Brush tortillas with oil. Stack, cover and microwave until soft (1 minute or less).
- Combine cheeses.
- On each tortilla, place a strip of cheese downt the middle. Top with 2 strips of green chile, and 1/3 c of the beef mixture.
- Roll up and place seam side down in microwave proof baking dish.
- Top with remaining cheese and sauce. Cover and microwave on medium-high for 8-9 minutes, turning dish once.
- Serve with sour cream and sliced green onions.