1/1 Photo of Speedy Gonzales Chicken Soup
Chef #302958's Note:
No, this soup doesn't have mouse in it! It's a Mexican style tomato-based chicken soup with corn and chillies. It earns its name by taking only half an hour to cook. You can use fresh, canned or frozen corn, whichever you prefer. From an Australian Women's Weekly cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat half of the oil in a good-sized saucepan, cook chicken until lightly browned and cooked right through.
- 2Remove chicken from pan and shred into small strips.
- 3Heat remaining oil in same pan, cook onion 3-4 minutes or until soft.
- 4Add flour to pan and stir for 1 minute.
- 5Add stock and juice 1 cup at a time, waiting until mixture thickens slightly after each addition.
- 6Add chicken, corn and chilli. Stir until heated through.
- 7Serve topped with cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Speedy Gonzales Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 615.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 26.2 g