Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
So fast and easy to make. Tasty. Freezes well. Make ahead, cover and refrigerate, then bake for an after-work weeknight delight. Serve with hot buttered tortillas. YUM!
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) can chicken cheese enchilada soup (Progresso)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped and cooked chicken breasts
- flour tortilla
- 1 cup fiesta Mexican blend cheese (or your choice)
- sliced olive (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- chopped avocado (optional)
- Combine both soups and sour cream.
- Blend well.
- Divide in half and set half aside. Add chopped chicken to one of the halves of soup mixture.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Lightly heat tortillas in moisten tea towel in microwave for ease of rolling.
- On each tortilla, spread about 2-3 tablespoons of chicken mixture on one side; sprinkle with about tablespoons of cheese; roll up; and place in prepared casserole.
- Repeat with all tortillas, placing close together. Spread “set aside” soup-sour cream mixture over all and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake for about 15 minutes until top is lightly golden.
- Sprinkle with sliced olives or chopped tomato and avocado, if desired.
Caroline, this one is a winner! I had to go to 4 stores before I found the Progresso soup, but otherwise this was super simple and so yummy. I think next time I'll add some chopped jalapenos just because we like it hot. I served this with chopped avocado and salsa.