Recipe by Megan Michelle
From Weight Watchers Magazine August 2006... made exactly it's 1 point per 1 1/4 cup serving.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 lbs large tomatoes, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into large chunks
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mild cayenne pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chilled vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves, for garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add garlic, half the tomatoes, bell pepper, and cucumber, the vinegar, cayenne pepper sauce, and salt. Puree and transfer to a large bowl.
- Put the remaining vegetables (tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber) into the food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add to the puree and stir in the vegetable juice.
- Garnish with basil and serve.
- If you want the gazpacho to be ice cold, set the bowl in a larger bowl filled halfway with ice water and let stand, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.