Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Made this for a friend's baby shower and it was enjoyed by all.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Pace Picante Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 lb sirloin or 1 lb top round steaks or 1 lb chicken
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled,seeded and diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- For dressing, combine first 7 ingredients; mix well.
- Toss beans with quarter cup dressing; chill.
- Toss tomatoes and avocado with ¼ cup dressing; chill.
- Salt and pepper meat to taste; broil, grill or fry to desired doneness.
- Slice thinly across grain; toss with ¼ cup dressing.
- Toss lettuce with remaining dressing; arrange on platter.
- Arrange beans, tomato mixture and meat on greens.
- Serve with warmed flour tortillas, if desired, and additional picante sauce.