Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A really fast candy for that chocolate fix that we all want every now and then. I am not sure where this originated from but I have made it for several years. Number of servings estimated as depends on size.
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts (or whatever kind you like)
- 1⁄4 cup crisp rice cereal
- Microwave the chocolate chips and peanut butter on high for 1 minute.
- Stir and continue to heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted.
- Stir in peanuts and cereal.
- Drop onto cookie sheets lined with waxed paper and place in freezer.
- Freeze for about 1 hour or until firm.
- Remove from pans and place in plastic storage containers. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve as they do melt quickly.
- This recipe is forgiving so you can easily change up the flavour of chocolate chips and nuts.
These candies are addicting!! I made 1 doz and glad I did because I could have eaten the whole batch myself! Made with creamy peanut butter, but otherwise as is. Will make again! Made for PAC Spring 2011.
MY3Chefsfall 2008. These are a chocolate lovers dream candy. I love the mix of nuts and rice krispies. I used a generic rice kirispi cereal and it came out great. I also used mixed nuts as I had those on hand, (90%peanuts) The addition of th epeanut butter was a delight. These will be on my cookie trays this holiday. Thank you so much!