Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a guaranteed pleaser. Quick & easy. The kids love it - hide the cans and your husband will think you cooked for hours!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, do not drain
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt & pepper
- Fritos corn chips
- shredded cheddar cheese
- shredded lettuce
- In a large skillet, brown meat and chopped onion.
- Drain Add tomato soup, kidney beans, stewed tomatoes and chili powder.
- Salt& pepper to taste.
- Simmer 20 minutes Serve with garnish on the side.
Found this recipe when looking for something like a Frito Pie with no baking. I hadn't eaten much all day and wanted something fast to not only use with Fritos, but for snacking on homemade tortilla chips too - something more satisfying than plain ol' salsa. I initially didn't use the tomato soup, stewed tomatoes or chili powder because we had a LOT of homemade salsa on hand so I used that instead. Problem is the salsa was too hot for me so I couldn't taste anything! Argh! So I've added the tomato soup. I plan on adding mozzarella cheese next time to cut some of the heat. My boyfriend loved it!