Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From 1001 Low Fat Recipes
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (10 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- finely chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Spray large Dutch oven with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot.
- Add ground beef, turkey, onions garlic and pepper; cook until meat is browned, 10-12 minutes; drain fat and crumble meat with a fork.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, except salt, pepper and parsley, and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve sprinkled with parsley.