Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is perfect for a quick snack that you can whip up when friends pop round at short notice. Most of the sauce ingredients are likely to be in your fridge or store cupboard. To make this a vegetarian recipe, omit the chicken and serve the sauce with carrot and celery batons as well as cucumber.
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 cucumber, deseeded, cut into batons
For the sauce
- 3 teaspoons clear honey
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, peeled and finely grated
- 1 teaspoon cilantro, chopped
- 5 ounces plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 lime
- For the sauce, mix the peanut butter in a small bowl with 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir in the soy sauce, honey and grated ginger, then add a squeeze of lime juice. Stir the yogurt and chopped cilantro into the sauce, reserving a few leaves for a garnish.
- Serve with the satay sauce with cocktail sticks for easy dipping.