Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from Penzeys Catalogue Winter 2007. Fast as it sounds.
- 1 1⁄2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh bamboo shoot
- 1 (5 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts
- In a large saute pan, heat the chicken broth. Add the soy sauce and garlic powder.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Add the onion, broccoli, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts and continue cooking until and onion are softened, about five minutes.
- Serve over rice.
Did this last night..was a really quick meal. I used canned bamboo shoots and added some mushrooms as well. I didn't have broccoli, so I used frozen green beans. It worked out well, but I think I was using too much of everything, so I added a little more chicken broth and soy sauce. Served it over some Herbed Basmati Rice Pilaf and was good to go!