Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a super easy recipe that is very forgiving, one of our family standards. My husband makes it often without ever consulting the recipe and it always turns out well. My kids were excited to have this for dinner when they were little, and they still love it now that they are teenagers. These days, they even make it themselves!
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup raw mushrooms, sliced (or 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb hot cooked egg noodles
- Saute meat, onions, and garlic in a hot skillet about 5 minutes, until meat is browned.
- If using raw mushrooms, add them now, and cook until they are soft.
- Stir in flour and seasonings. Cook a minute or two so the flour won't taste raw.
- Gradually stir in the milk.
- Add the soup and, if you are using canned mushrooms, add them now, too. Heat through.
- Stir in sour cream and heat but do not boil.
- Add a little more milk to adjust consistency, if desired.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve on hot rice or noodles.
I made this last week and forgot to rate it, I added 1/2 a cup of bacon (it was in the fridge and needed to be used up). Such a great recipe and the kids loved it! Thanks for CTRmom posting. This will be a regular in our home for those night where time is scarce and kids are hungry.
This is so good. I made this on Friday and my husband asked if I would make it again on Sunday. I made two changes, I used ground bison (due to it's leaness and great flavor) and lowfat yogurt instead of sourcream, but other than that I followed the recipe. This is a keeper for us. Thanks