Recipe by ctrmom
This is a super easy recipe that is very forgiving, one of our family standards. My husband makes it often without ever consulting the recipe and it always turns out well. My kids were excited to have this for dinner when they were little, and they still love it now that they are teenagers. These days, they even make it themselves!
Top Review by cookingpompom
I made this last week and forgot to rate it, I added 1/2 a cup of bacon (it was in the fridge and needed to be used up). Such a great recipe and the kids loved it! Thanks for CTRmom posting. This will be a regular in our home for those night where time is scarce and kids are hungry.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup raw mushrooms, sliced (or 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms drained)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb hot cooked egg noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute meat, onions, and garlic in a hot skillet about 5 minutes, until meat is browned.
- If using raw mushrooms, add them now, and cook until they are soft.
- Stir in flour and seasonings. Cook a minute or two so the flour won't taste raw.
- Gradually stir in the milk.
- Add the soup and, if you are using canned mushrooms, add them now, too. Heat through.
- Stir in sour cream and heat but do not boil.
- Add a little more milk to adjust consistency, if desired.
- Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Serve on hot rice or noodles.