Recipe by papergoddess
Based on an old Betty Crocker recipe, but I've made it my own over the years.
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, diced
- 3 (19 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 can butter beans, drained
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice bacon and fry until crisp; drain; reserve 3 tbs.
- bacon fat.
- Add onion and pepper to bacon drippings and saute until tender, about 5 minutes Add remaining ingredients; pour into 2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes at 350 deg F, or until hot and bubbly.