Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Little sandwiches with prosciutto and mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- flour (for dredging)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place one slice of bread on working surface, then place 2 slices of prosciutto and 2 slices of mozzarella on top of bread and then place another slice of bread on top.
- Trim the crusts, cut in half forming 2 rectangles and place 2 toothpicks through each of the rectangular sandwiches to hold together. Repeat using other 2 slices of bread, mozzarella, and prosciuto.
- Dredge each spedini in flour then dip in egg, covering all sides.
- Heat about 3 inches of vegetable oil in a large saute pan over high heat.
- Place spedini in pan and fry on both sides until brown.
- Place spedini in serving plates and remove the toothpicks.