Chef Annie Z's Note:
This is an excellent spedini recipe adapted from an Italian cookbook, but using sandwich steak, making it very easy and economical and very very tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs sandwich steaks (preferrably wide cut, works better to fill and close)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, with
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1Pound sandwich steak with a meat hammer to tenderize. Brush pounded steak with olive oil and crushed garlic. Stack and cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- 2Slice raw bacon, fry and crumble, set aside.
- 3Mix the breadcrumbs, parmasan cheese, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- 4Top each piece of steak with the breadcrumb mixture, sprinkle with some bacon and a slice of provolone cheese. Roll and close with toothpicks.
- 5Fry the spedini's in olive oil to brown.
- 6Pour 1/2 the marinara sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish. Place spedinis on sauce and pour the remainng sauce over the top.
- 7Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and cooked through.
- 8Great served over Angel Hair pasta.
Nutritional Facts for Spedini
Serving Size: 1 (497 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1526.2
- Calories from Fat 1144
- Total Fat 127.1 g
- Saturated Fat 45.2 g
- Cholesterol 220.9 mg
- Sodium 2494.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 56.9 g