Recipe by Chef Annie Z
This is an excellent spedini recipe adapted from an Italian cookbook, but using sandwich steak, making it very easy and economical and very very tasty! Update: Try using a thin sliced sirloin steak for an incredible flavor!
Top Review by emmalee1942
There must be some way to increase the number of servings, or to lighten the recipe in some other way. The Nutritional Facts are shocking! Serving it with pasta adds even more calories.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sandwich steaks tastes even better with a thinly sliced sirloin steaks (preferrably wide cut, works better to fill and close)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, with
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb bacon
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups marinara sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound steak with a meat hammer to tenderize. Brush pounded steak with olive oil and crushed garlic. Stack and cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- Slice raw bacon, fry and crumble, set aside.
- Mix the breadcrumbs, parmasan cheese, garlic and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Top each piece of steak with the breadcrumb mixture, sprinkle with some bacon and a slice of provolone cheese. Roll and close with toothpicks.
- Fry the spedini's in olive oil to brown.
- Pour 1/2 the marinara sauce in the bottom of a casserole dish. Place spedinis on sauce and pour the remainng sauce over the top.
- Bake 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until hot and cooked through.
- Great served over Angel Hair pasta.