Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious dessert using Belgiums most famous cookies.
- 250 ml milk
- 200 ml cream
- 2 (8 g) packets vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 80 g sugar
- 25 g powdered sugar
- 10 g gelatin
- 80 g speculaas or 80 g gingerbread cookies
- Put the gelatine in a bowl of cold water.
- Bring milk to a boil.
- Separate the eggs and beat the yolks with the sugar and the vanilla sugar.
- Pour this with the boiling milk, beat well and heat just beneath boiling point.
- Squeeze water out of the gelatine and mix it with the milk-mixture.
- Crumble the speculoos cookies and add them to the mixture.
- Leave to cool, but do not wait until it stiffens.
- Beat the cream with the powdered sugar.
- Beat the egg whites.
- Carefully mix the whipped cream and eggwhites with the mixture.
- Pour in a round pie plate covered with foil and leave in the fridge for at least 6 hours.