Prep 1 hr 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These rolled spice cookies are very similar to the Lotus brand Biscoff cookies distributed on some airlines. These are adapted from a recipe I found at Cupcake Project. http://bit.ly/oV00DU
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, spices, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the work bowl of a stand mixer, cream together butter, white sugar, brown sugar and vanilla.
- Add dry ingredients to mixer, a few spoonfuls at a time, mixing on low speed until combined.
- Wrap dough tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate 60 minutes.
- Place dough on Silpat or parchment. Roll dough out to about 1/4" thickness - about the size of the Silpat. Use bench flour as necessary to prevent sticking. Transfer Silpat to a cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Cut into 3x2" rectangles with a pizza wheel.
- Transfer Silpat to a cooling rack until room temperature. Store in a tightly sealed container.