Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Many Dutch recipes call for a fragrant spice mix called 'speculaaskruiden', which consists of cinnamon, mace, cloves, ginger and a few other spices. Recipe is from the Dutch food site at about.com.
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground mace
- 1⁄3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground anise seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- On a wooden board or in a small bowl, mix the spices well.
- Once the spices are mixed well, scoop them into a small, clean jar.
- Mix again with the back end of a teaspoon, or put the lid on and shake.