1/1 Photo of Speculaas (Dutch spiced biscuit)
3 hrs 45 mins
Speculaas, dutch spiced biscuit. Traditionally the dutch eat this biscuit around the 5th of December together with warm chocolate milk. Also taste very nice with coffee !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the cake flour, brown sugar, all spice and salt.
- 2Cut butter into pieces and mix into the flour in a food processor.
- 3Add milk and you should now have a firm dough ball.
- 4Wrap the dough in clingfilm and allow to rest in a cool place for atleast 2 hours, but preferably for a day to draw out the spice flavour.
- 5Preheat the oven to 175 degrees celcius, roll out the dough into a rectangle about 1cm thick.
- 6Place this onto a lined baking tray and bake the spiced biscuit in the oven for about 30 minutes until done.
- 7Cool the biscuit on a wire rack.
- 8To serve: Break the biscuit into pieces and serve with warm chocolate milk.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Speculaas (Dutch spiced biscuit)
Serving Size: 1 (27 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.5
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 16.1 mg
- Sodium 54.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g