Recipe by Erin K. Brown
Traditionally, these cookies are pressed into wooden windmill molds. But they're delicious in any shape!
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter (room temp)
- 1 egg
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to form a stiff dough.
- If making the cookies without a mold, roll the dough into cylinders that are the diameter of your desired cookies.*
- Freeze for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Slice the chilled dough into thin (~1/4 inch) rounds and place on a cookie sheet. Cookies will spread a little bit upon baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- *Also chill dough before pressing into molds or using cookie cutters.