1 hr 15 mins
Erin K. Brown's Note:
Traditionally, these cookies are pressed into wooden windmill molds. But they're delicious in any shape!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg.
- 2Add remaining ingredients and stir to form a stiff dough.
- 3If making the cookies without a mold, roll the dough into cylinders that are the diameter of your desired cookies.*
- 4Freeze for at least 20-30 minutes.
- 5Slice the chilled dough into thin (~1/4 inch) rounds and place on a cookie sheet. Cookies will spread a little bit upon baking.
- 6Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- 7*Also chill dough before pressing into molds or using cookie cutters.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Speculaas (Dutch Spice Cookies or Windmill Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.5
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 15.7 mg
- Sodium 81.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 0.9 g