Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Traditionally, these cookies are pressed into wooden windmill molds. But they're delicious in any shape!
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Add egg.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to form a stiff dough.
- If making the cookies without a mold, roll the dough into cylinders that are the diameter of your desired cookies.*
- Freeze for at least 20-30 minutes.
- Slice the chilled dough into thin (~1/4 inch) rounds and place on a cookie sheet. Cookies will spread a little bit upon baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- *Also chill dough before pressing into molds or using cookie cutters.