These are wonderful appetizers. My guests rave about them and they disappear fast! You can use prepared breadcrumbs but they don't taste as good as with the homemade ones.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (thawed & drained - squeeze out all the moisture)
- 6 slices white bread, lightly toasted a golden brown
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Place toast in a blender or food processor and blend until finely crumbed.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and chill for at least three hours or overnight.
- Form into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Balls can be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to twelve hours.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.