1/1 Photo of Spectacular Spinach Balls
3 hrs 15 mins
These are wonderful appetizers. My guests rave about them and they disappear fast! You can use prepared breadcrumbs but they don't taste as good as with the homemade ones.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (thawed & drained - squeeze out all the moisture)
- 6 slices white bread, lightly toasted a golden brown
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1/4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 shallots, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1Place toast in a blender or food processor and blend until finely crumbed.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and chill for at least three hours or overnight.
- 3Form into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- 4Balls can be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to twelve hours.
- 5Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spectacular Spinach Balls
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.6
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 83.4 mg
- Sodium 438.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: