Recipe by Alskann
These are wonderful appetizers. My guests rave about them and they disappear fast! You can use prepared breadcrumbs but they don't taste as good as with the homemade ones.
Top Review by Dominick & Amanda
The ladies I made these for LOVED these at our Girls' Night! They came out so good! I didn't use as many shallots as the recipe called for and they still tasted fantastic! I also added a little Italian seasoning. I used a grated Italian cheese mixture in place of the cheese that was called for and it didn't seem to change the flavor. I will definitely make these for events in the future!
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach (thawed & drained - squeeze out all the moisture)
- 6 slices white bread, lightly toasted a golden brown
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated asiago cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place toast in a blender or food processor and blend until finely crumbed.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and chill for at least three hours or overnight.
- Form into balls and place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Balls can be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to twelve hours.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.