1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Sisty Gin's Note:
This is a great autumn dish, taking advantage of fall's bounty. This dish is very filling. If used as a main dish, it feeds 3-4. As a side dish, it feeds 6-8.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -4 lb) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 6 green onions, chopped, including tops
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and seeded, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Bake whole squash 1 hour or until tender when pierced with fork.
- 3Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- 4Halve lengthwise and remove seeds.
- 5With fork, pull out spaghetti-like strands and place in large serving bowl.
- 6Set aside.
- 7In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- 8Add mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, green onions, garlic, bell pepper, and snow peas.
- 9Cook until soft (4-5 minutes).
- 10Pour over squash and toss to combine.
- 11Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spectacular Spaghetti Squash Saute
Serving Size: 1 (706 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.2
- Calories from Fat 160
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.1 mg
- Sodium 389.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 16.3 g