Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is a great autumn dish, taking advantage of fall's bounty. This dish is very filling. If used as a main dish, it feeds 3-4. As a side dish, it feeds 6-8.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 6 green onions, chopped, including tops
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and seeded, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake whole squash 1 hour or until tender when pierced with fork.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Halve lengthwise and remove seeds.
- With fork, pull out spaghetti-like strands and place in large serving bowl.
- Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, green onions, garlic, bell pepper, and snow peas.
- Cook until soft (4-5 minutes).
- Pour over squash and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.