Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 15 mins
This is a great autumn dish, taking advantage of fall's bounty. This dish is very filling. If used as a main dish, it feeds 3-4. As a side dish, it feeds 6-8.
- 1 (3 -4 lb) spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 6 green onions, chopped, including tops
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cored and seeded, cut into 1/8 inch strips
- 1 lb fresh snow pea, trimmed
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake whole squash 1 hour or until tender when pierced with fork.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5-10 minutes.
- Halve lengthwise and remove seeds.
- With fork, pull out spaghetti-like strands and place in large serving bowl.
- Set aside.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, tomatoes, zucchini, green onions, garlic, bell pepper, and snow peas.
- Cook until soft (4-5 minutes).
- Pour over squash and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve immediately.
Great recipe. Loved the addition of snow peas all the other vegys. I found the ingredient quantities alittle out for us so I had to ajust them abit (3-4 lb squash serves about 12 for us). When I'm pressed for time I will cook the squash in the microwave. Tasty recipe, thanks for sharing.
This was a great intro to spagheti squash. I loved all the veggies on top. I skipped the butter and just used olive oil, also I seasoned with kosher salt and a little bit of Spice Island's Medditeranian and Chicked seasonings, and a dash of tamari. For the Squash, I just drizzled a little olive oil and sprinkled a little salt on top before I topped with veggies. Very easy to prepare, however next time I would slice the squash in two and remove the seeds then place on oiled baking sheet, cut sides down, before baking. I think it would make it easier for you when removing the seeds. Great recipe!
Wow! This was fantastic! I did not use the cheese or the snow peas or zucchini.I didn't have them. You can't get good snow peas here. I substituted cut up celery,white and green onions, fresh sliced mushrooms,fresh garlic. I microwaved the large squash at 70% power for 14 minutes.(My recipe) saves time. I used a 14 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice with two pinches dried basil.I have made this twice now and each time delicious as a main dish. The second time I cooked ground turkey with salt and pepper and added to the sauteed vegies and then stirred in the squash. I used 1/2 of the squash this time with the turkey and froze the other cooked squash half for another meal.