Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is another recipe I found in a pamphlet from the grocery store. I love this served with crackers. I've also served this in a bread bowl with chunks of bread for dipping.
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp, finely chopped
- 1 (13 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon pepper, with dill seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients and stir well to mix.
- Place the shrimp mixture in a 1 quart shallow baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx.
- 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with assorted crackers.
I've made this several times for parties, and it always gets gobbled up. I serve this with baguette slices.
DH would have given this a five. He is less demanding than I am. ;-) I am giving it a four because I would make some changes to suit my taste. First, I used artichoke hearts packed in brine rather than oil (my only two choices at the grocery store). I thought the oil would rise to the top when baking and be too much. While I did use no salt lemon pepper, the salty taste in this dish was a little much. Also, I could not find lemon pepper with dill. Unfortunately, I did not realize I had dill weed until I was eating it! Next time, I will add a little dill weed, omit the 1/8 tsp. salt and try salad dressing instead of mayo. Despite all of this, I still ate more of this in one sitting than DH!
I am thrilled with this! I will definetly use this at friend and family gatherings. I am on a diet, but if I weren't, I think I would eat the Whole thing!;) As claimed in the title- "Spectacular"!!! Thank you Dreamgoddess! — Aug 7, 2006***************** Edited to add- This is also good cold! I had leftovers and enjoyed each and every bite.