Recipe by NikkyNicole
Kids can help make this, but the steps with a ** adults should do.
Top Review by AuntWoofieWoof
Original review April 21, 2008 Forgot to put stars on the recipe. These are very good. They were easy to make. I used strawberries. I put some of the strawberries on my pancake instead of syrup and it tasted just like strawberry shortcake. I will be making these again. Thanks for sharing your recipe Nikky!! Made for PAC Spring '08.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries (can use ant of your favorite fruits)
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons of melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the fruits using a colander.
- **Hull the fruits, then chop them.
- Sift the flour, then measure it into a medium bowl.Then sift the salt sugar and baking powder into the flour.
- In the large bowl, whisk together the eggs and the milk. Add the melted butter.
- **Using the electric mixer, beat the dry ingredients and the wet one together until combined.
- **Lightly grease a frying pan or griddle with vegetable oil, and heat it on medium-high.
- **Pour 1/2 cup of batter per pancake onto the hot griddle or frying pan and sprinkle berry over the top right after it is poured.
- **Cook each pancake until it has air bubbles on top, the edges are dry, and the underside is light brown. Flip the pancake to cook the other side.
- Serve with butter and syrup.