1/2 Photos of Speckled Sweet Potato Mash
I must admit, I find it really hard to make anything without chilies and garlic, which is probably why I don't make many desserts really. This is a great spicy, savoury mash, and it isn't too bad fat-wise either. Use a flavoured cream cheese or greek yogurt if you prefer
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and deseeded
- 1 green chili pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 -4 tablespoons fat free cream cheese
- 2 -4 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Roast the red pepper in a hot (220C) oven for approximately 30-minutes until skin is blackened.
- 2Cool for a few minutes, peel and chop flesh into small dice.
- 3Meanwhile, chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks and boil with the garlic cloves for approximately 15-20 minutes until tender.
- 4Heat olive oil in a small pan and fry chili for 3-4 minutes over a low heat. Stir in chopped red pepper.
- 5Drain sweet potato and garlic and mash with 2 tbsp cream cheese and milk, adding more if needed.
- 6Stir red pepper, chili and coriander into mash. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Speckled Sweet Potato Mash
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.3 mg
- Sodium 121.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free cream cheese