Recipe by Gwen35
Quite a nice change from regular boiled or steamed white rice. Colorful, too. Note that dried cilantro and parsley flakes can be used, if necessary: suffice to say, fresh is better.
- 6 green onions
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup white rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice the green onions very thin.
- Cut the green pepper in fine dice.
- In a medium saucepan (with lid), cook the onion and green pepper in the canola oil for two minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Stir in the rice, salt, pepper and two cups of water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender and water has absorbed.
- While rice mixture is cooking, finely chop the cilantro and parsley.
- Add chopped herbs to rice and mix well.