Recipe by NotYourMommasCookin
Yet another breakfast recipe I tried on my family for dinners (they love breakfast for dinner) and they love it.
Top Review by The Bread Lady of Wisconsin
I served this egg bake at a wedding shower and wasn't sure how the guest would like the chilies. I substituted 2 cups chopped asparagus and 2 cups ham. Salt and pepper to taste. I was leery of how it was going to set up without any bread. It was absolutely wonderful! I will serve this entree for any type of celebration. I made it the night before and it baked up nicely.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 10 large eggs
- 16 ounces cottage cheese
- 16 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild chiles
- 1 lb Italian sausage or 1 lb country sausage
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and prepare a 13x9 or 11x9 inch baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Brown sausage and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and salt.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan or in microwave.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour to the eggs and beat until smooth. Stir in melted butter, Monterey Jack, cottage cheese, green chiles and sausage.
- Pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 35 mins until set.