Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a very tasty sidedish of German origin. Not low in fat but oh so good!
- 6 ounces smoked bacon, finely cubed
- 1 large onion, finely cubed
- 1 1⁄4 lbs cooked potatoes, peeled and cut into medium slices
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 -7 tablespoons sour cream
- cracked pepper
- In a skillet, melt the lard and briefly fry the onions and bacon.
- Add the sliced potatoes and saute until golden brown.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and gently stir in the sour cream.
- Serves 4.
Yum! These were simple and oh so good - just like a baked potato. Thanks evelyn for a nice treat. Made by an Unruly Under the Influence for ZWT6.
This was great, tasted just like a loaded baked potato, used some left over cooked bacon and added a little olive oil instead. Topped with home grown chives and oober yummy smoked cheese medley. Thanks for posting
Made these potatoes for ZWT 4. My family really enjoyed this dish. They love potatoes cooked almost anyway and the bacon, onion and sour cream added a lot of flavor to the potatoes. Thank you for the recipe. The Mamma Mias!